Saturday, July 31, 2010

Am I Beautiful



"What's the key to  you're heart?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Don't answer my question with a question. No, I'm serious, the key to a man's heart is his stomach they say, what's the key to your heart?"

"Don't mind a nice feed but food is sustenance, not a key"

"Then what is it? What is the key to your heart. How do I unlock that latch?"

"OK . . erm beauty"

"What? That's a bit vague"

"OK beautiful women"

"Am I beautiful?"

"Sometimes, well you were"

"Am I not beautiful now?"

"Oh for goodness sakes, we've been married 25 years aren't you over that already?"

"No . . I would  like to think you still find me beautiful and that I have the key to unlock your heartl"

"Of course I do, your lines are created by experience, your curves, through childbirth, your eyes by wisdom, your hair through longevity, your hands by labour, your smile by love. Of course you're beautiful, I love you. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

"So you think Im beautiful? Am I the lock and you the key?"

"Absolutely"

"Unless . . you're Megan Fox."

*slap*


Posted for Magpie Tales 24

16 comments:

  1. seriously sometimes us guys just need to leave wel enough alone and know when to shut our mouths...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent dialogue, interesting content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. witty conversations,
    very enjoyable perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slap and snap! Unlocking beauty's mystery isn't always so easy, now, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny ... I think it makes me a tiny bit glad I have a 'former' husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men will be men (unfortunately)! A very clever Magpie. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I utterly, utterly adore this! Beautiful dialogue, it felt so natural and real. The section where he describes his wife's beauty is really moving. And then that last line and that slap - ha! brilliant! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dialogue, flowing, easy, the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes...he sounded too perfect the first 14 lines.

    Really had me laughing and smiling at my screen...thanks!

    ReplyDelete